Monday 19 November 2012

Publication Plan

Publication Plan 

Name of magazine:

LDN (as it is a British magazine but produced, edited etc all in london).

Font name:

Ariel but i'm still not certain. 

Positioning statement:

Front cover-
I would like my front cover to have a main picture of a close up of the models face (Orla) so you are able to clearly see who the magazine is about and features on her face like her eyes. I would like all the text to surround her face. With very bold white text which says LDN (on the top left corner and Orla written at the bottom left hand corner of the magazine.
Content page-
Content page I would like to have a header saying contents page in bold white text and on the left side a column of all the pages included in my magazine in order with the categorie name above it. And pictures on the right side of the magazine.
Double page spread-
On my double page spread I would like to have one page to be just her face which takes up all the page up and I would like it to have a quote included. On the other page to just be the article.

Frequency publication:

I would like it to be a weekly magazine.

Price of magazine:

£2.70

Distribution:

In the UK, local shops and big supermarkets. 

Rationale: (What is the thinking behind the magazine- Have you identified a gap in the market?)

Just to be published in the UK but all artists from around the world included.

Style: 

Alternative- Indie/soft rock.

Regular content:

Music gossip, interviews, pictures (photoshoot pictures, backstage pictures and pictures sent in by audience from recent gigs), and reviews, competitions, main articles.

Feature content in your issue: 

New singer, who becomes famous over night, double page spread interview on upcoming album/ tour/ questions on life past and present. Past is about her troublesome teenage past, getting into the wrong social groups and getting involved with police. The present is about her new crush on Alex Turner from a famous band called Arctic Monkeys (very popular in the media at the moment). Future is about her upcoming tour. It also includes 'top questions' the audience has sent in themselves. I would like to include one main big picture on one whole page of my double page spread. Then other quote's and pictures adding in conent page and front of magazine.  

House style: What font will you use? Will it be the same for articles/heading/captions?

I would like a colour scheme of white, black and red which will be consistent throughout my magazine. I would like to use a very think bold and big text for my title LDN along with my main artists name Orla. The rest will be similar writing, more of a fancier handwriting. However I am stil undecided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment