Thursday 15 November 2012

My magazine questionnaire results:

For my questionnaire which I previously presented on my blog I asked 20 people of various ages and interests to fill it out. I found out that from the ages between 15-20 were most interested in Indie, rock, and RnB or either all or two mixed together, being alternative music. These results were about 2/3 of my questionnaire. Because I wanted to focus on a more younger audience (teens/young adults) this was very helpful for my conclusion for the decisions I would like to make for my music magazine. I also found that both genders liked this genre of music so I would base my magazine for both genders. It was only really the older ages who liked other genres of music, and even still there were only the odd questionnaire which said they liked another genre, and I found that if they liked a similar popular type of genre it was only rock. 
The most common thing that I found from my results that attracted the audience was pictures and interviews, and gossip was popular but not as popular. And what they actually hope to find in a magazine/ look for, is interviews, reviews and gossip, being the most popular.
Most of the magazine they were interested was RnB music or Rock magazines, such as GO and Kerrang. 
Everyone of my candidates were would liked the magazine to be based on bands and solo artists. And again everyone of my candidates were interested in seeing competitions being included in the magazine.
The price they were most willing to pay for a magazine ranged from £2.00 to £4.50. 

This has helped me a lot and I can now see what people would want to see in a magazine in order to by and continue to pay for the magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment