Monday 17 December 2012

This is my interview for my music magazine.

How are you finding life now you are in the spot light?
I'm enjoying alot, it's its very caotic at the moment but that's how I like it, I like to keep my self busy, that way I don't get into trouble.

Were you a troublesome teen then?
Hmm *looks to her mother on her left and laughs* I wasn't exactly an angel. I got into trouble from the crowd I hung around with, luckily I got my self out of the mess I got my self into in the first place.

And what exactly was the trouble?
I started to fall out with friends in about year 10, and then made new friends who weren't exactly good for me. I admit in my past I was wrong and stupid, getting involved with the police, smoking, drinking the lot. When things started to get out of hand I turnt to my music, as it was a way for me to relax and forget about all my problems.

So, would you say music saved you from ruining your life?
Definitely, if I hadn't turnt back to singing and song writing, I would probably be in prison. I'm so grateful to have the talent I do. I really want to encourage teenagers to get involved and reach for the best of their abilities.

We would have never of thought you were ever like that!
*Laughs* Aw thankyou, trust me I have grown up and learnt my ways now, I know I can't rely on my mum to get my out of trouble and help me with every step. I am a changed person and i'm proud of who I am now.

That's very inspiring, we heard you have set up a number of youth clubs in london recently, is this true?
Yes! I organised 5 so far, that is as much as I can do at the moment. I've managed to make time to visit one every tuesday. I want to see them, tell them my story, help and watch them grow into mature teenagers ready for the world. I just want teenagers of the streets.

We are very proud of you! You're a very inspiring young lady.
So we love your new album, have you got a tour planned?
Weird you said that, only yesterday I was talking to my manager about going on tour. So watch this space everyone.

Oh that's very exciting, what do you love most about now being a number 1 artist of 2012?
I love performing, I know its obvious, but I really do. Being able to just see that myself and my songs are making people have the enjoyment they are, it simply makes me my day. I only sing live obviously and at gigs I really get into it and can have abit of fun with my songs and the audience.

We heard that in the last gig you had a little guest back stage?
hahahahahaha (continiously laughs) I've gone so red. I dont know what you're talking about.

We know you're lieing hahaha, so the rumour about you and Alex turner from The Arctic Monkeys dating isn't true?
Well, we are not 'dating'. But yes we have been singing, but we're simply just friends at the moment.

Oh! That's a little dissapointing, so there's no chance of seeing the later Orla Turner?
Oh god no, he is a very nice guy, and we have such a laugh, maybe something may happen, but nothing like that. I've only just started my career up!!!

That is very true, so you are not looking for a boyfriend?
No, I am not, I purely want to focus on my career. However what ever happens happens, you can't stop them things happening.

Would you ever date a fan?
Of course, as long as I can trust the person. But it would take a very long time.

So all your boy fans have a chance!

Now time for some random questions are readers have sent in!

What is your favourite song?
Hm that's a hard one, I have quite a few, can I just give you some of my favourite artists? because I simply love all the songs of all their albums!.. Cold play, Oasis, The artic monkey (she laughs to her self, and we all know why!), the beatles I still love the beatles!

When is your birthday?
15th of November!

What's your guilty pleasure?
I love sweets, I have such a sweet tooth, I would have a desert over my dinner anyday! Its so unhealthy!

What is a secret that not many of your fans know?
I have a huge scar on my knee, from when I thought The Kooks were in my local shopping centre so I ran all the way and didn't make it because I tripped over and got rushed to hospital for stitches. Yes I was once a proud fan girl myself.

Any bad habits?
Oh yeah! I bite my nails, sorry I know it's not nice but you asked! Oh and I sing the majority of the time, people find that very annoying.

Do you have a hidden talent?
Oh hm, um, believe it or not all that time I was getting into trouble the only thing i was commited to was playing the violin and obviously my singing! I'm actually quite into classical music. Oh and im quite good at accents!

Who was your first celebrity crush?
Robbie Williams, and I still quite fancy him. (covers her face with embarrassment).

Do you drink, if so what kind fo drunk are you?
That is random! Um I do occassionally drink, and I just want to have a good time, but I'm known to be very clumsy, and often come home with bruises from falling over!

Well thankyou very much! We have really enjoyed interviewig you and hope for the best with the rest of your career.

Thankyou very much for having me!













No comments:

Post a Comment